Registrations are now open to the
2014 International Metropolis Conference
Milan, 3-7 november 2014
The International Metropolis Project is a forum that connects good practices, policies and research on migrations. Metropolis aims to deepen the analysis of social phenomena entailed by migrations, to encourage research on immigration policies and to facilitate the use of investigations’ results by Governments and non-profit organizations. With its 18 years background, the project grows wider every year and currently includes various international organisations, many institutions and non-governmental organizations from North-America, Europe and Asia.
During the mornings of the five-day Conference, participants will have the unique opportunity to attend eight plenaries featuring highly distinguished speakers invited to provide insightful reflections on the most salient issues relating to migration. The main themes are:
- The phenomena of forced migrations caused by tensions and conflicts in the Mediterranean;
- The challenges posed by irregular migration to cities and the growing phenomenon of “sanctuary cities”; cities providing access to services to irregular migrants in spite of national restrictions;
- EU policies and migration governance for the ten years to come in the light of the institutional changes introduced by the entry into force of the Lisbon Treaty;
- The potential for regional trade agreements such as ASEAN, the EU, NAFTA and the African Union in favouring intercontinental co-operation in the management of migration;
- Migration, food and culture: food as a lens through which exploring the proliferation of cultural industries and productive diversity in cities;
- The competitive advantage of diversity: analysis of policies and initiatives of civil society organizations, and businesses to attract talented migrants, a source of enrichment for both organizations and the common wellbeing;
- Migration as an instrument for development;
- Migration in the media: the role of mass media and social media in driving public perceptions of immigration, migrants, refugees and cultural diversity..
Afternoons will be dedicated to numerous workshops addressing a wide range of themes in detail.
For more information regarding the programme http://www.metropolis2014.eu/page/5/Program
Workshop and indivudual papers In order to actively participate to the Conference, you are invited to propose your own workshops or individual papers. www.metropolis2014.eu/page/17/Workshops
Promote your organization in the 2014 International Metropolis Conference. Take advantage of the 2014 International Metropolis Conference to promote your organization. Metropolis is a unique chance to present your organization/company/institution to an international audience counting more than 700 delegates coming from more than 40 countries around the globe. For more information on how to exhibit at the conference, go to: http://www.metropolis2014.eu/upload/files/M2014_Exhibitor.pdf or contact us at email@example.com.
Flight discount: fly with Lufthansa
Once you have registered, you will receive a code that grants you a 5% to 10% discount on flights operated by Lufthansa or one of its partners.
Download Metropolis 2014’s brochure